This website is not endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with CBS Studios Inc., Paramount Pictures Inc. or Cryptic Studios/Perfect World Entertainment, or any other person or company that has a license to use and/or create with the brand name "Star Trek" and its related and copyrighted content. Path to 2265 is a non-profit website and any copyrighted material has been included under the legally acknowledged terms of "fair use". No copyright infringement is intended.
Third party content
Third party content is any information or resource that were created by someone else and used on this website, mostly relating to other Star Trek fan websites. Usage of such content is possible via the following scenarios:
- Permission request: in most cases, I have seeked written permission when I consider to use third party material from other Star Trek fan websites.
- Fair Use: the usage of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work (basic defintion from Stanford University Libraries, accessed 16th September 2017).
Path to 2265 is not sponsored or affiliated with any of these third party content providers. Please refer to the Acknowledgements page to see a complete list of third party sources. For your information, if you are seeking to use third party content displayed on Path to 2265, you must seek permission from the original copyright owner.
If you are a copyright holder and believe Path to 2265 has misused your content on this website, please reach out to me via email (see Contact page) to discuss the situation.
Original content is any information or resource that were created by Path to 2265 for use on this website, like my written pieces or my ship designs.
- You can use original text and original images from this website as long as usage is a reasonable amount (for example, excerpts instead of complete copying on a page from Path to 2265). Also, I do not want images being modified excessively - I am forgiving if you wish to improve the background transparency of a ship render though. Complete copies created from any pages of Path to 2265 is unacceptable.
- You must give credit for when you use my original content (no matter how small). Ideally, this can be in the form of a hyperlink to this website in an acknowledgements/credits page (feel free to group references together) or on the individual pages where my original content is being used by me.
- You agree to remove Path to 2265 original content if requested. The only time this might happen is if I feel my original content is being used for a nefarious action or context. This includes (but not restricted to) political usage, illegal activities, gaining profit from selling something that makes use of Path to 2265 original content, misrepresentation of what the original content is supposed to represent for Path to 2265, false claims that Path to 2265 original content is of your creation, and/or lack of any credits towards Path to 2265 for use of original content.
If you are considering using original content of Path to 2265 and have a question that is not answered here, feel free to email me. If you just want to explain and/or demonstrate how you want to use the content, you are more than welcome to email me in that case too.